Privacy Statement on Processing Your Personal Data
As BiTaksi Mobil Teknoloji A.Ş. (“BiTaksi”) we process your personal data as the data controller. We have prepared this notice to inform you about issues related to the processing of your personal data.
For all your questions regarding the processing of your personal data, you may contact us at email@example.com.
1. Processed Personal Data and Methods of Collection
Your personal data we process are as follows:
- Identity Information: Name-surname, gender, passenger ID.
- Contact Information: Phone number, e-mail, address and favorite address.
- Payment Information: Instruments of payments, payment amount, payment method, payment and invoice details, first six and last two digits of the credit/debit card.
- Trip Information: Route of trip, starting and finish points, date, time and duration of trip, fare amount and number of trips.
- Information Regarding Passenger Transactions: Request and complaints, call center records.
- Location Information: Location information collected through your mobile device.
- Information Regarding Legal Transactions: Correspondence with judicial authorities, information on case/enforcement files in case of a dispute.
- Transaction Security Information: Device operating system, IP address, user transaction on the application, password.
- Risk Management: Information on the prevention of suspicious or illegal transactions.
- Other: Comments, information about the cancellation and cancellation fee of the travel, scores, comments and tips given to the drivers, scores and comments given to the passengers by the drivers, language and mobile application preferences, discount code/campaign information, preferences and usage habits.
If you edit your pet or disability information in the “Profile” section of the BiTaksi mobile application, we also process this information.
Additionally, we process your data obtained as a result of analysis of your preferences, usage habits and your data mentioned above (for example, the most preferred destinations).
We collect your personal data via automated and partially automated methods. In certain cases, we also collect your data in a physical environment, using non-automated methods, provided that it is a part of the data recording system (for example, if you physically transmit information or documents to us).
2. Purposes of processing personal data
Your personal data is processed for the purposes stated below:
- Signing up process to BiTaksi mobile application and transactions regarding account creation,
- To verify your identity and ensure account activation,
- Receiving trip requests; ensuring that passengers are matched with available drivers,
- Ensuring that drivers and passengers confirm their positions and meet at the designated location,
- Ensuring that passengers take a taxi trip in accordance with their preferences,
- Conducting communication between BiTaksi drivers and passengers (your contact information is not shared with BiTaksi drivers),
- Conducting financial and accounting processes regarding payments,
- Communicating with passengers and managing our relationships with passengers,
- Conducting activities for the satisfaction of the passengers,
- Performing analysis to improve our services,
- Following up and concluding requests/complaints,
- Receiving and evaluating feedbacks regarding improvement of our services,
- Informing you about campaigns and special offers in accordance with your communication preferences,
- Conducting marketing analysis in order you to benefit from our services in the most appropriate way,
- Introducing the services offered by BiTaksi, conducting marketing operations,
- To carry out the campaign and sweepstake activities with respect to our passengers,
- Cooperating with third parties regarding special offers,
- Conducting fraud risk assessments for the safety and continuity of BiTaksi operations,
- Informing you about the innovations, updates and errors regarding the mobile application,
- Conducting processes related to cancellations and cancellation fees,
- Conducting our activities in accordance with the legislation,
- Conducting legal processes,
- Review and audit of our business operations.
Just as passengers can rate and comment on drivers through the mobile application, drivers also have the opportunity to rate and comment passengers. Passenger ratings and comments can only be viewed by BiTaksi and are processed for the purposes of matching the parties that have given low scores to each other for passenger satisfaction, prioritizing high-scored passengers in the operation, improving and developing our services and considering the scorings/comments in possible conflicts.
If you would like to get information about which personal data we process within the scope of each data processing process, you may review the Passenger Personal Data Protection Policy.
3. Legal grounds for processing personal data
We process your personal data based on the legal grounds stated in the Article 5 of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data. Your personal data is processed based on the below legal grounds:
- Personal data processing is necessary for the establishment or performance of a contract,
- Processing personal data for the establishment, execution or protection of a right,
- Personal data processing is mandatory for our legitimate interests,
- The data subject has provided explicit consent for the processing of his/her personal data.
4. Situations where we share your personal data
We share your personal data with the following parties within the country or outside the country, for the following purposes:
Purposes of Sharing the Personal Data
Conducting communication between BiTaksi drivers and passengers, ensuring that the drivers and passengers confirm their positions and meet at the specified location, ensuring that the travels are conducted in the most appropriate way.
Getting support from suppliers related to our services, conducting financial and accounting operations, cooperating with third parties regarding special offers for users, managing business partner and supplier relations.
Suppliers and Business Partners
Informing the authorized persons, institutions or organizations, conducting legal processes and conducting our activities in accordance with the legislation.
Authorized Persons, Institutions or Organizations
Yandex infrastructure is used for mapping purposes. For information about how Yandex processes personal data you may visit yandex.com.tr/legal/confidential.
In case you want to share your travel information with your relatives, we share your travel information with your relative in accordance with your choice.
We use technologies that analyze the performance of our activities to learn how mobile application users respond to marketing activities, their interaction with our application, and how they use the mobile application. We share your information with our business partners for the use of these technologies.
5. Exercise of your rights regarding your personal data
Article 11 of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data regulates the rights of the data subjects such as the correction of your personal data and learning to whom the data is transferred. You may use the following methods to submit your requests regarding this Article to BiTaksi:
You may fill in the Data Subject Request Form on the BiTaksi mobile application.
You may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org via your e-mail address registered in our systems.
You may use the other methods stated in the Communiqué on the Application Procedure and Principles to the Data Controller.
6. For Comprehensive Information
For comprehensive information about processing passengers’ personal data, you may review the Passenger Personal Data Protection Policy.